Friday, October 23, 2009

The Importance of Being Ernest

My first name is Ernest and as you can tell by this website everyone calls me by my nickname Ej. The natural nickname for Ernest is Ernie. As a kid other kids would tease me by saying hey Ernie where's Burt.



For those of you who do not quit understand this reference. There is a kids television program in the US which has stuffed characters with the name Ernie and Burt. I hated to be called Ernie and sincerely wished my parent had given me a different name.



Now that I'm a little older and have a child of my own, I have a great appreciation for the name that my parents gave me. I know that my wife and I thought deeply about the name we had chosen for our daughter.



The name Ernest comes from the Greek word serious. My name fits who I am perfectly.

5 comments:

Gen said...

Long time no see, EJ.

I'm going to start working in the International Sales Department, Toshiba after my graduation from Rikkyo next spring.

Thanks to your class, I've been better at English. I really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I wanna to decide some of questions in this area. Could u help me to do it?

Anonymous said...

Is anybody think same about it? Can we disscuse this?

Erectile Dysfunction said...

Keep up the good work.